20110706

BROWN PAPER BAG


Today I was happy to discover I have been featured in the daily art blog BROWN PAPER BAG, a space that emphasises beautiful artworks created on paper. The blog's curator had these kind words to say about my work:

"He uses graphite to cre­ate his work, often depict­ing por­traits done in great detail. They are ethereal and at times a lit­tle strange, pair­ing peo­ple with a myr­iad of sym­bols using the blank paper to exist in a desert of white or cream. I am taken by the beau­ti­ful way in which Ki Yoong han­dles all of the sub­tleties that graphite has to offer, and espe­cially how they trans­late on to the web (not an easy feat if you’ve ever attempted this)."

Many thanks to Sara E. Barnes at Brown Paper Bag for including my work alongside the many other great and innovative contemporary artists featured in your inspirational blog.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment